Friday, April 15, 2011

What's happening with this space? Or, "NO BLOGGY"

Good question....one I hope to answer!

http://interiordesignforransom.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/empty_space2.jpg
                              Picture found here.


I have dropped blogging for the past...lessee...over 6 months! ...not because I stopped having things to blog about. Oh no!  Quite the opposite.  You see, as in most areas of my life, there was just too much!  And being the poster child for an all or nothing type gal, I just decided, that if I couldn't blog everything that I WANTED to blog, then I wouldn't blog at all!  Good idea, right?

For instance, my news feeds on education and homeschool were flying off the hook!!!  I mean OFF. THE. HOOK. So much to talk about! So much to post and link to. However, a blog full of links, with no commentary as to WHY I am sharing links, gets old.

I don't have time to write my thoughts on the links I share because I'm too busy  raising/teaching kids, remember?!  (see side bar)  So, no bloggy.

There was also this content issue going on.  I had loads and loads of information and links to all of this ridiculous scandal and corruption and just YUCK taking place in the public schools and school boards around the nation.  That "off the hook" newsreader I mentioned?  It was mostly negative content.  For every  busybody who has shared their opinion with me about why I should not home school my kids, I wanted to shove this in their face and say "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!"  This blog could turn into a nice passive=aggressive outlet of negative content for me.

I don't want to turn into a mean "I hate public schools" home school blogger.  That's not how I feel.  So, no bloggy.

Meanwhile, the same sort of thing was happening with my old personal blog.  I couldn't strike the right balance of thoughts and opinion with rants and link sharing.  The personal touch that had once existed had been tucked away due to fear. Physical safety, embarrassment (I'm no English major, folks!), awkward situations ("Oh, no..I had no IDEA you were reading my blog." ---this happened too many times!) and on and on marched the fear.  You get the point.

So I tapered to link sharing, and then....no bloggy.

Don't even get me started on the "personal family blog" and the recipe blogs, and.....

So here I am.  Half-dozen blogs to my name.  Posting to which has completed halted for me.

I didn't want to run a links only blog.  Or  an angry blog.  The vastness of blogland was catching up with me.  So I just stopped blogging.

No bloggy.

I longed for the simpler times.  Simpler thoughts. Happy posts.  Like this, my very first post on blogger:

Wednesday, September 29, 2004


Hi

We're HEEEEEEERE!





Profound, huh?

I want to go back to that. 

Stay tuned for changes and more posting along those lines.  Condensing the blogs, (This will be my main blogging home, for now.) and simple blogging to come.

Love,

Me

Also, watch as I take on different  monikers as I figure out the new "voice" of this blog and settle on a nom de plume.  Gracias!

No comments: